Inclusive Education: Engaging Disconnected Students in Learning
(What Works for NZ Children In NZ Schools)
with Melanie Woodfield
Thursday 9th November 2017
During this day Dr Woodfield will cover the following:
- The time-out controversy – what the experts agree on
- Validation and praise – are these just feel good concepts or is there science to show that they work
- Managing challenging behaviours in the classroom – what are your options?
- Factors that drive students to misbehave and practical ways to address these.
- Evidence-based interventions available in NZ for teachers and families.
- There is a set of core principles that underline many well-established psychological treatments. Having an awareness of these core ideas can revolutionise how you approach children and young people at school, at home and in the community.
- Autism, ADHD and FASD: do these students need different strategies?
When: 9:15am – 3:00pm, Thursday 9th November 2017
Where: Kohia Education Centre, Gate 1, 78 Epsom Avenue, Epsom, Auckland
(Parking in Student Carpark, Gate 2, Top Floor Only is reserved for Kohia Centre)
Cost: $195.00 (incl GST)